Become a Volunteer
Become part of a friendly and dedicated team by volunteering with us! Volunteers will receive training in their area, and further opportunities can be made available as they occur. If you’re interested in becoming a volunteer, please contact us at email@example.com.
We currently have the following vacancies:
Visitor reception (Thursdays)
We’re looking for someone who can provide every visitor with a warm and friendly welcome, and do everything possible to ensure they have an interesting and engaging visit.
- Welcoming visitors to the museum with enthusiasm
- Taking visitors’ ticket and merchandise payments and answering the telephone – training is provided on using the till
- Learning more about Brisbane’s convict history, so you can answer any questions – information is provided
- Helping visitors to discover more, making suggestions so they can enjoy their day
- Assisting if people ask, and thinking about the needs of all visitors, including disabled people and families
- Being available on Thursdays between 10am-4pm
- Getting to know health and safety and evacuation procedures